UN invitation for Cypherpunks

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 08:25:07 PST 2020

> In Occupy we finally collaborated for a few months.  We welcomed the
> powerholders to collaborate too, but instead of joining us, they
> seemed to send people to spy on us and use what they learned to
> further harm such efforts.

The truth is that there's really no boogey-men up there.  It's a
Wizard of Oz scenario, chaps.  Nothing more.  It talks big and carries
a big stick though, so you have to watch for that.

> Nowadays, there are a number of for example economic policies, that
> not only aid these wealthy people in controlling the planet, but also
> trend towards continuing the situation, even if they die, by replacing
> them with other people who emerge with similar values.

This seems to be a result of apathy amidst the intelligensia.  If they
had more Truth rather than opinions, they'd have plenty of power to
fix things.  For example, gasoline and other natural resources should
be taxed at every level of government so that the value of it goes
back to the people.  There's about $85/gal or more of value
($1/octane/gal) in each gallon.  Go measure it and compare it to what
a healthy, able-bodied person would consider that work to be worth if
used on something that advanced mankind.  A kilowatt-hour is also
worth about $50/kwh.  Since people are presumed to make value out of
the consumption of either, you can halve these figures for retail
price.  This one issue alone saves 50% of your problems.  Another 40%
is fixed by fixing your voting model (allowing yes and no votes) and
having smaller terms for lower-level governments so that the average
person feels empowered to be a leader of their government.  See
"fractional voting" on the wiki at hackerspaces.org.  You may have to
look under "everything" on the search page because queer poliltics has
co-opted the movement for a creative economy through hackerspaces and
buried it.

> People who used to participate in Occupy have been through a lot in
> the aftermath, and have trouble reconnecting with their original
> effort, and might be scared to do so.  But we also hold in our minds
> how wonderful it was, and yearn to have these discussions again.
> People who identify as activists, especially the jaded ones, have all
> experienced these things.  There are thousands and thousands of us,
> and we all have some different part of the visceral experience of the
> global corruption and deafness.

I know what you're talking about.  I participated in NYC and in Santa
Fe occupy.  You know what that "visceral feeling" is?  That you're
doing something for this world besides being a dumbass consumer.  What
they got wrong is that the issue of GOD couldn't just be swept under
the rug.  100% of queer politics was gaytheist, so went compeltely in
opposition to that other pov, which to millions has more proof than
monkeys.  Unfortunately, that pov also made the powers that hold
things above in the all-seeing-eye, so nothing got accomplished,
practically.  Lesson learned, hopefully:  that without Truth,
everything loses power, to the forces of evolution, you might say.

Anyway, still here in the ashes with the Phoenix.

Marcos