UN invitation for Cypherpunks

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 09:08:14 PST 2020

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> > fix things.  For example, gasoline and other natural resources should
>
> Here you're introducing a personal preference strategy.  This reduces
> how many people agree with you, because other people may have other
> preference strategies.
> What seems most relevant to me here is that taxation choices are not
> honoring people's needs, and that it is easy to solve the natural
> resources problems.
>
> > be taxed at every level of government so that the value of it goes
> > back to the people.  There's about $85/gal or more of value
> > ($1/octane/gal) in each gallon.  Go measure it and compare it to what

Rereading, I'm more clearheaded and able to understand what you're
saying better.  That's a briliiant idea that would help things.  The
fuel lobbyists would fight it.  We should add it to a list of good
ideas and ram them all through all at once.  It's easy to make new
laws if it's valuable to do.

> > a healthy, able-bodied person would consider that work to be worth if
> > used on something that advanced mankind.  A kilowatt-hour is also
> > worth about $50/kwh.  Since people are presumed to make value out of
>
> The word "worth" here is supporting the economic system.  Something's

Oh no, I was trained to argue with people.  I am saddened.  You can
totally talk about worth!