time availability - How to get standing - SCOTUS tosses TX case - USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Dec 12 00:20:07 PST 2020

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 06:35:35PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 06:17:23PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> >    Citing a lack of standing, Justice Samuel Alito wrote in a brief order that the state "has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections," adding "All other pending motions are dismissed as moot."
> >
> >    Supreme Court Tosses Texas Bid To Overturn Election
> >    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/supreme-court-tosses-texas-bid-overturn-election
> >

> > Well, citizens of the swing states have standing, so they can file.
> >
> > Trumpers, both legal eagles and folks in their personal capacity, in the 4 swing states (GA, PA, WI, MI?) need to file this case from their home turf, as their interest is surely direct and personal - effected personally.
> >
> > I guess this is new territory for some folks...
>

> Once parties with sufficient standing ARE properly filed and listed, the Amicus Curiae 19 states can still join in support.
>
> Just need lots of folks WITH standing in the 4 swing states at issue - this is what SCOTUS implied "insufficient standing", i.e. we need folks who DO have standing!
>
> Voters in GA, PA, MI, WI, each DO have direct standing.  Folks from EACH of these 4 states must now file, in order to solve this technicality of "insufficient standing".

Notwithstanding that the electoral college "meets monday" to "elect a new president", we have:

 - SCOTUS, in its original jurisdiction, has power for pretty much any remedy, although whether it accepts this in a specific case is to be seen

 - faithless electors

 - martial law as a last resort, in the footsteps of Abe :D