gun nutcases

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Dec 6 19:38:04 PST 2020

On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 22:00:40 -0500
Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> >         (yes, I do get components for my electronics projects from the landfill)
>
> I used to desolder boards, and I've visited electronics recycling
> places.

	There are no recycling places here, so I do the recycling myself =)

> I haven't gone into a literal landfill myself ;p  Once I
> found a dumpster full of desktop computers.

	I picked most of my stuff off the street. Some came from dumpsters. Last thing I picked was a couple of 40kg digital scales. And oh, I have a bunch of retardphones, some from the 90s, some newer, and guess what? The newer the phone the more useless as far as recycling goes. The newest ones don't have any discrete components at all. Some of the chips don't even packages. They are uniform blocks of silicon.

	Same thing with printers : the old ones have many parts that can be remade into a '3d printer', but the new ones have a small board with some kind of SoC which is completely useless, unless you have their 'propietary' manuals. And even then the chip is likely to be locked.

> It's usually designed to break in some stupid way where most of the
> components still last for years and years.
> I never figured out how to glitch microcontrollers to reprogram them
> with the fuses blown,

	I've found a few microcontrollers but they are useless without manuals, even if the fuses were not blown.

> but I understand that there is much better
> material available on how, nowadays 7 years later.

	Actually as times goes by stuff gets more and more miniaturized and integrated...and becomes un-recyclable.

	but HEY, this is SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS and the FREE MARKET, and SCIENCE WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING and <insert more technofascist slogans here>

> You could make a puppet to continue my side of the argument, saying
> something like 'home 3d printing is way better than industrial
> factories' over and over again.

	Yeah, I don't disagree with the concept, but it's easier said than done.