gun nutcases

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:00:40 PST 2020

> > These things are both 'natural' resources for a while now.  We have
> > landfills and dumpsters that are full of computers and plastics, all
> > over the globe.  People are paying money to get rid of them, in my
> > country.
>

>         the landfills are filled with broken computers and the plastics need reprocessing. Sure you may be able to get a microcontroller, motors, drivers for the motors etc from a 'landfill', but it's not too practical.

Really there are people all over the world who are excited about
making that easy.  I used to be one of them.  All you need is to use
the stuff, to build tools that makes it easier to use it.

>         (yes, I do get components for my electronics projects from the landfill)

I used to desolder boards, and I've visited electronics recycling
places.  I haven't gone into a literal landfill myself ;p  Once I
found a dumpster full of desktop computers.

> > >         except, recycled materials have to be manufactured before they can be recycled.
>
> > To push back more, now that we are covered in piles of manufactured
> > materials, we have responsibility with regard to figuring out what to
> > do with them.
>

>         it's mostly garbage because that's how it was designed in the first place. The stuff that jim bell's industrial 'civilization' produces is meant to be used 6 months and thrown away.

It's usually designed to break in some stupid way where most of the
components still last for years and years.
I never figured out how to glitch microcontrollers to reprogram them
with the fuses blown, but I understand that there is much better
material available on how, nowadays 7 years later.

>         My point stands I think. 3D printing is a specialized process and it fully relies on supplies that come either directly or indirectly from govcorp.

Say it enough and it can get more true, I suppose.  That's sure what
the corps are doing.  With me believing I was brainwashed to be a
coerced corporate slave, it's hard for me to get back into this stuff
out of fear, but it used to be everywhere.

You could make a puppet to continue my side of the argument, saying
something like 'home 3d printing is way better than industrial
factories' over and over again.

>         Last but not least you don't need a 3d printer to build weapons.

You had a good point there.  Eventually 3d printers will make
intelligent things that think on their own, and if we still have
weapons at that point they would be a lot more powerful than the
alternative.