gun nutcases

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Dec 6 18:49:32 PST 2020

On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 21:32:40 -0500
Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, to expand this common dialog a little,
>
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 9:24 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> > Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Of course, the idea of 3D printers isn't to purchase from
> > > corporations.  You can get plans to make your own,
> >
> >         to make your own 3d printer you need to first make your own computer(s). In other words, if you don't want to buy your 3d printer from govcorp you need your own IC manufacturing plant.
> >         Once you have the printer you need plastics as feedstock. That in turn requires a chemical plant.

> These things are both 'natural' resources for a while now.  We have
> landfills and dumpsters that are full of computers and plastics, all
> over the globe.  People are paying money to get rid of them, in my
> country.

	the landfills are filled with broken computers and the plastics need reprocessing. Sure you may be able to get a microcontroller, motors, drivers for the motors etc from a 'landfill', but it's not too practical.

	(yes, I do get components for my electronics projects from the landfill)

> >         except, recycled materials have to be manufactured before they can be recycled.

> To push back more, now that we are covered in piles of manufactured
> materials, we have responsibility with regard to figuring out what to
> do with them.

	it's mostly garbage because that's how it was designed in the first place. The stuff that jim bell's industrial 'civilization' produces is meant to be used 6 months and thrown away.

	My point stands I think. 3D printing is a specialized process and it fully relies on supplies that come either directly or indirectly from govcorp.

	Last but not least you don't need a 3d printer to build weapons.