Libertarian Economic Logic (chart attached)

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Sep 17 17:08:38 PDT 2019

On 2019-09-18 09:42, Razer wrote:
> Taking most of the surplus value created by my labor is theft fuck you very much.

Nuts

The proportion of GDP that goes to profits is about ten percent.

And they earn it.

Suppose someone plants trees, and they grow for thirty years, and he or
his sons harvest them.  Should he not get a return for saving, tying up
his capital, and waiting?  The alternative to people saving, investing
and creating capital for return on capital is that the party creates
capital by confiscating from the peasants, and tens of millions of
peasants starve.

Profits are the return on capital, and the return on entrepreneurship.
The alternative to entrepreneurship is the party tells you what to
produce, and what you may consume, and we have seen how that works out.

The capitalist creates capital, and organizes production and
distribution.  When the party does it, you wind up with not much being
produced, and what gets produced mostly stuff for the military.