Scientists Accidentally Recreate Big Bang Detonation in the Lab

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 23:40:32 PST 2019

    On Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:21:04 PM PST, Punk - Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Wed, 06 Nov 2019 06:49:13 +0000
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> >theory is
> >> a result of observations of our expanding,
> >

> >    Expanding? So where's the center of the universe, the place where the
> >'big bang' started?
> >

  >  I notice you ignored the question. So again, where's the center of the universe.

First, you are assuming that there is a "center" of (our) universe.   You don't explain why you think that is true, or at least why it's location can be known.  That not clear.   One common analogy is to view the 'universe' as a somewhat inflated balloon, and consider a tiny ant walking on its surface.  The surface of that balloon is essentially 2-dimensional, one fewer dimension than what we know of as space,.  (3D+time).   The ant is confined to that 2-d surface:  That is the 'place' (the universe) he thinks he is at.  And the exact point he is at is a single point on that surface.
If that ant were sentient, and he asked, "Where did the expansion of this place start?", perhaps the most accurate answer that he can be given is "It expanded simultaneously from each point that you can get to."  In other words, from each point on the "universe" he can get to.
 He will probably be unsatisfied with that answer, particularly if he thinks that the "center" must be some specific zero-dimensional point that he could somehow travel to.  But, viewed from a higher dimension, we see that every point on that balloon is topologically equivalent:  There is no one 'special' point that he can get to, in order to call it "the center of the universe".

Jim Bell