Quality Time, Sweetheart: Some Principles on Dangerous Crypto

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 15 01:09:56 PST 2019

> >> - If it has not been 100% proven secure, why would you assume it is
> >> secure?
> >
> > OTP, muffas!
>
> You down with OTP?

One time pads have their place, for sure.

What I should instead have written, to make it clear, was
"OTP for the win, muffas :D"

> Insert Ted's steakhouse jingle. (!sorry!)

I'm from Oz - we are literally so far below everyone, we can't even
hear Ted's steakhouse jingle, but I'll assume it's something like the
Woolworth's jingle (Woollies is a chain supermarket over here, like
Coles), and their jingle is so bloody jingly, you literally never
forget it for the rest of your life. Or rather, you always remember
it for the rest of your life - going to sleep, having a shower,
trying to think about important multi layered cryptography benefits,
no matter what, it's bloody supermarket jingle.

So if Ted's steakhouse jingle is even remotely as annoyingly
memorable, I definitely do not want to listen to it :)