Solving the problem with Twitter

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jan 27 01:14:54 PST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 11:29:25AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> A cypherpunk upholds the freedom of speech.
>
> Freedom of speech is under severe attack at this point in history,
> and has been ever since the so-called Western "enlightenment" age -
> let no one fool us on this point - fundamentally, the sins of the
> powerful/ oligarchy, are used by them to justify their suppression of
> our speech/ communication.  It only takes a minute of thought on the
> matter to witness the truth of this sad fact.

Similarly to freedom of speech being under attack, so is the
individual - group-think is in, and the neo-marxist agenda is
successfully redifining you as a member of a group, no individual at
all - communism (the bad bits) by the back door is well on the way.

And so, one of the greatest ironies is that a true "Western"
conservatism is actually an antidote to the dichomatic madness being
spewed out by the so-called "liberal left" (which is in fact anything
but - rabidly racing head long into a totalitarian dystopia).

Respect for the sovereignty of the individual, as Dr Jordan Peterson
puts it, is one of the foundations of Western society, and, he says,
this (along with a number of other foundations) are in todays madness
a genuinely conservative position which may inform the various
conservative political parties (we are still living in hiearchical
purported democracies last I checked).

Compelling stuff. Enjoy,

2017/06/15: 12 principles for a 21st century conservatism -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw4rTywyY0

[The intro ends at 17:57 for those who wish to skip that...]