NY Times Op-Ed Blasts Cloudflare for Daily Stormer Terror

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 13:22:30 PDT 2017

    On Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 12:04:45 PM PDT, Marina Brown <catskillmarina at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sorry, but you are not even hundreds of miles away from being correct on
>> this.  To label DNS service, which is essentially monopoly, as
>> supporting "genocide" is about 3-4 leaps of logic, far too much to work.
>> A few nuts spouting nonsense is far, very far, from "conspiracy to
>> commit genocide".  Merely providing necessary net services to them, just
>> as is done for thousands of sites, cannot possibly be described that
>> way.   Maybe you just have no respect for the concept of "Free Speech".
>>              Jim Bell

>I am concerned about the market monopoly of DNS service ...but
>This is not about speech. It is about people conspiring to commit
genocide, ethnic cleansing and to remove peoples human rights.

Sorry, but I cannot agree.  That's way too close to the 'nutty lefty' way of thinking that is infecting our society today.    At most, it is "hate speech", which the First Amendment protects.

>You cannot simultaneously enguage in free speech and a conspiracy to
commit genocide. One is permitted, one is a crime.

What do you mean, "you cannot"?   Do you mean, 'you are not allowed to'?  Or do you mean, 'you are not capable of...'.  ?
Further, your reference to "conspiracy to commit genocide" is merely a flawed characterization on your part.  While I don't claim that absolutely no people on the right are "conspiring to commit genocide", the vast majority are merely engaging in hostile speech that the left doesn't like, speech that I consider they have a right to make.   I don't consider that as any justification at all to begin trying to shut down their right to free speech.
Actual genocide is a major problem   But your mere characterization of free speech as being "conspiracy to commit genocide" appears to me to not merely be wrong, but foolish.

>"...Unless you want to redefine free speech to include criminal conspiracy."

Unless you can actually show a specific criminal conspiracy, I'm not interested in your histrionics.

>"We can oppose monopolies like DNS TLD without defending conspiracy to commit genocide."

We can defend people's right to free speech without being accused of defending conspiracy to commit genocide.Oh, wait,  I forgot.  That's SO 20th Century!!!
                Jim Bell