[ZS] ZS reboot seed

Bryce Lynch virtualadept at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:40:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 6:53 AM, R|diger Koch <rudiger.koch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope and believe that we still have a long way to go down the Road to
> Serfdom until this becomes a real possibility. There is still a chance that
> the current process stops. The USA had a close brush with totalitarianism
> (Mc Carthy) in the 1950s and also managed to come around.

We're creeping closer to it again, I'm afraid - anarchists are the new
reds, warrants are secret, and doors are being kicked in.

> If we get close, we'll stop distributing updates, find another way to
> accomplish the same goals and ask everyone to destroy their copies.

This is, incidentally, why I keep talking about running everything
over Tor and using distributed services.  If one instance of a service
has to disappear (say it gets /usr/bin/shred'd for security) other
instances on the network wll still exist and operate normally.

--
The Doctor [412/724/301/703] [ZS]
https://drwho.virtadpt.net/

----- End forwarded message -----