[cyphrpunk at gmail.com: Re: Hello directly from Jimbo at Wikipedia]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:17:42 PDT 2005

Oh...-that's- your point:

>No, Wikipedia needs to realize that the IP address correlation they enjoy
>outside of Tor is a happy accident, and that they should stop treating IP
>addressess as user credentials.  If they want credentials, they need to
>implement them.

Well, is it reasonable to expect a creature to evolve to an environment that
doesn't exist yet?

On the other hand, I don't think the number of Tor IP addresses is anywhere
near its hockeystick yet, and when it comes it will be changing far too fast
for them to block.

So they will ultimately have to change their model, methinks.

-TD