[cyphrpunk at gmail.com: Re: Hello directly from Jimbo at Wikipedia]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:25:46 PDT 2005

Dont' agree here...

>From: Steve Furlong <demonfighter at gmail.com>
>To: cypherpunks at jfet.org
>Subject: Re: [cyphrpunk at gmail.com: Re: Hello directly from Jimbo at
>Wikipedia]
>Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:41:34 -0400
>
>On 9/28/05, Roy M. Silvernail <roy at rant-central.com> wrote:
>
>A Wikiwhiner wrote
>
> > > I have valid although perhaps unpopular
> > > contributions to make, and not only is my freedom to express myself
> > > limited, the quality of the material on Wikipedia suffers due to the
> > > absence of my perspective.
>
>Wow. Nice ego there.

If someone I knew wrote some detailed Wiki entries about Telecom DCC control
channel protocol throughputs and attacks, he could objectively state that
there would be very few people in the world up to the task. He might also
want to maintain anonymity.

Shutting down this source of wiki entries means that the general flow of
Wikipedia content has been altered slightly, but I would argue
significantly.

I see no material issue with an individual claiming that the absence of his
posts to Wiki is significant, even if this is in fact untrue for his
particular case. The ego is not material to the essential point.

-TD