Shuffling to the sound of the Morlocks' dinner bell

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Sun Jun 27 18:06:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 20:38, J.A. Terranson wrote:

> BTW - I just got back from F9/11: good movie, regardless of your stance on
> shrub.

I just saw it, as well, and I have to agree with you.

> I find it interesting that (a) Although it is raking in money like crazy
> (my performance was close to 100% full, no passes are being accepted,
> etc.), (b) only a single theater within 50 miles of St. Louis, yes, you
> saw that right, a major city, has booked this show, and, (c) the movie
> plays only through tonight - a three day run.  You close a movie thats
> making money?

There are three theaters around Cincinnati running it, which considering
the Republican slant of the state I found interesting. Don't know how
long it's scheduled to play, though.  I didn't see any "final
performance" posters (and of course. moviefone.com doesn't show closing
dates).
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"Progress, like reality, is not optional." - R. A. Hettinga