Inferno: Akila Al-Hashimi assassinated (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Sep 25 10:07:53 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:06:45 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Inferno: Akila Al-Hashimi assassinated

A representative on the US appointed Governing Council in Iraq has died of
wounds from an assassination attempt this past Saturday.  She was one of
three women representatives on the 25-member council.  Strangely enough,
we are only hearing word of this assassination attempt today in the West;
now that she has in fact died it is newsworthy, I suppose?  Or perhaps
just inconcealable.

Riverbend briefly discusses the attempt in her Sunday September 21st blog
entry:
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Here is a sampling of western coverage:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/25/1064083125418.html