Inferno: Akila Al-Hashimi assassinated (fwd)

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Sep 25 10:56:46 PDT 2003

> Jim Choate[SMTP:ravage at einstein.ssz.com] wrote:

I don't have much trust in the US media, but this is nonsense. The
assasination attempt was covered by the NYT among others. I heard about
it on the radio at the weekend, and it was on Yahoo News.

Peter Trei

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/21/international/middleeast/21IRAQ.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Sept. 20 - In the first attempt to assassinate a
member of Iraq's interim government, nine gunmen this morning
shot and critically wounded Akila al-Hashemi, one of three women
on the governing body, as she was being driven to work by a driver
and three bodyguards.
[...]