Fatherland tries to tie pot to 'terrorists'

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu May 15 22:34:30 PDT 2003

At 11:16 AM 5/16/03 +0800, Sandy Harris wrote:
>I'd say that if opium is indeed a major crop in Af now, then the
>situation was created by some combination of US pressure on other
>sources, the Islamic gov't in Iran suppressing it there, various
>groups -- including Bin Laden's lads -- needing money to fight
>the Russians, Taliban (probably with the help of the CIA and
>Pakistani Intelligence, who created them) needing money, ...

Um, hello?  Farmers are *rational beings*.  They will grow
cash crops given sufficient ROI.  No different from Kentucky
inbreds growing tobacco.  (Funny how no one is allowed
to criticize the US exports of this addictive plant.  Very funny
indeed.  Perhaps the Columbians will start spraying tobacco fields,
(hey if other crops die its collateral damage), and shooting innocent
planes out of the air.  Frankly I'd rather they
buy Al Q a kilo-class sub driven up the Potomac, tobacco keeps
social fnord security solvent)