Fatherland tries to tie pot to 'terrorists'

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Fri May 16 06:13:51 PDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Sandy Harris wrote:

> In Af, there was hashish more-or-less everywhere, and exceedingly
> high quality. Everyone from customs officials and military officers
> to street urchins and respectable merchants offerred it to us. I
> don't think that, in several weeks in the country, we ever spent
> more than a half hour in public without someone trying to sell us
> hash. Friends visited a warehouse with hundreds of kilos in it.
>
> We were not offerred opium.

This is what I've read from people on the ground there now.  Basicly,
opium is a crop for sale, but hash is the drug of choice.

> I'd say that if opium is indeed a major crop in Af now, then the
> situation was created by some combination of US pressure on other
> sources, the Islamic gov't in Iran suppressing it there, various
> groups -- including Bin Laden's lads -- needing money to fight
> the Russians, Taliban (probably with the help of the CIA and
> Pakistani Intelligence, who created them) needing money, ...

It grows well there on top of it all, and gets a high value.
All the rest is opportunism.

I guess it'd be nice if a lot of that "nice quality hash" made
it back to the US.  But I suspect our troops will smoke it all first!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike