Overestimating your importance (Was: Re: CDR: Re: Underestimating long-term consequences of cryptoanarchy)

Jamie Lawrence jal at jal.org
Wed May 7 13:55:10 PDT 2003

On Wed, 07 May 2003, Tyler Durden wrote:

> "I haven't added you next
> to Choate and profv yet, as you sometimes have a point, but keep working
> it, and the cost of your postings will outweigh the utility of reading
> them. Will you then rant about Jamie's killfile?"

OK, I was dumb enough to post, so I owe you a reply.

> Well I had two reasons for saying this. First of all, May suggested I stop
> posting due to the fact that I had "nothing to say". Well, even if that's
> true, he seems to be exposed to only pieces of my posts that get quoted by
> others, and in this particular case out of context. So if he's going to
> suggest I have nothing to say while I am supposedly in his kill file, then
> it's fair game for me to point out that from his vantage point he can only
> be full of crap.

Bob the drunk bumb outside of my local store suggested that you bugger
children, and leak Amex secrets to competitors.

Are you pissed at him, too?

> The next point has to do with him (again) telling me not to post. And from
> what I can tell, most of the people who've been around for a while and are
> regular posters have been 'plonked' by the King of the Anarchists, Mr May.
> That leaves only newer people who either don't have an opinion on anything,
> or who don't post, or who don't disagree with him. (OK, maybe there are
> exceptions...) So again I get the distinct impression that Mr May is
> verbally trying to suppress minds that have any opinion that he didn't
> already give them. And that's OK, as long as he doesn't try it on me.

I hereby command you to never say the word "monkey", nor to reference
the creatures in any way.

Are you going to rant at me now, because I "verbally tr[ied] to suppress
minds", presumably one belonging to you?

Tim can be a jerk. So can I. Why are you so excited about him?

Move on, or join the trolls.

-j

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org
Helpful Hint: Unbreakable toys can be used to break other toys.