Overestimating your importance (Was: Re: CDR: Re: Underestimating long-term consequences of cryptoanarchy)

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Wed May 7 16:06:48 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 16:50, Philip Gardner wrote:
> "Well, even if that's true, he seems to be exposed to only pieces of
> my posts that get quoted by others, and in this particular case out
> of context."
>
> This is always happening to me.  I can never follow the discussions
> as I only recieve the quoted materials.  Is there some other list I
> should be signed up for as well?

You can subscribe to Jim Choate's node, which is unmoderated and
unfiltered. Go to http://einstein.ssz.com/cdr for info.

Be warned: If you've been reading the cypherpunks feed from a filtered
list (I don't know if Minder is filtered or not), you'll be in for an
unpleasant surprise. There aren't _that_ many out-and-out idiots
posting to the list, but what their posts lack in quality they more
that make up with quantity. And there are lots of ass-wipes who sign up
cypherpunks nodes for all sorts of spam lists. Before you subscribe to
an unfiltered list, compare the inet-one cpunks archive
(http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/) to the archive I maintain
(http://archives.abditum.com/cypherpunks/). inet-one archives an
unfiltered feed. I archive LNE's filtered feed. (Note: as of ten
seconds ago, inet-one's site is temporarily down. It's been a while
since I visited, so I don't know how temporary "temporarily" is.)

SRF

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby