Idea: The ultimate CD/DVD auditing tool

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Jul 7 08:45:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Do you have a reference? I don't remember reading that SACD was encrypted.
> What I DO remember is that the reason there's no standard SACD or DVD-A
> digital interface is because the Industry wants that digital interface to be
> encrypted.

Furthermore, people have come to expect that they should be able to play
whatever disc shaped media in their computer.  At some point there will
need to be a software based player.

But the real issue is that all of these DRM methods rely on "security by
obscurity".  Such methods eventually fail.  Either the actual method is
discovered and published or the DRM method fails in the marketplace and is
never heard from again.