U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Dec 15 19:23:05 PST 2003

    --
On 15 Dec 2003 at 20:06, privacy.at Anonymous Remailer wrote:
> The image of an Arab leader (however terrible) being
> objectivised by a white gloved American medic like a bug on a
> lab bench, will not be read in the Arab world as a moment of
> liberation. It will be seen as a special kind of humiliation,
> the kind which typifies the depth of ignorance which has
> inspired this campaign from its outset.

Arabs respect power.  Well, everyone respects power, but arabs
more so.

The image of Saddam being poked around will devastate the
insurgents just as much as his bullet ridden body would have
done.  Either one works.

If he was cocky and defiant after being taken prisoner, that
would have been a problem -- and I suspect that problem would
have been swiftly solved.

What was done was an excellent use of him, perhaps the best
possible use of him.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     DijbC0CdsDlDq+JMzf6Soaoy/uQpAPvQzIqw+vZV
     4V4l1cML3B68fAUZdXEQULOypQU+iOODMqAEAhN3z