U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Dec 15 18:50:58 PST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Anonymous wrote:

> I think it's about not becoming evil yourself when you're fighting evil.
> Pretty applicable, yes. We should not be tempted to act in unlawful and
> questionable ways.

Too late.  We refuse to recognize armed combatants, captured on the field of
battle as POWs; we refuse the natural right to a lawyer, to habeus, to basic
human rights.  We are EXACTLY what we claim "the enemy" is.  We are the
enemy...

> It is sticking by international treaties and handling
> everyone in accordance to law and human values that separates us from
> evil men like Saddam.

And since we have not done this, can I go string up Georgie now?  Please?

> This is a good time to show him and his followers
> that all men, even those of his sort, are treated equal and given a fair
> trial as stipulated by the universal declaration of human rights by the
> UN in 1948.

Spare me the bullshit.  Fair trial?  We won't even give them fucking
LAWYERS.

> And this by the state they call "the great satan". Behaving
> like a lynch mob will make us loosers too.

We are already losers.  We have completely disgraced ourselves here - we are
what we hunt.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org

"Unbridled nationalism, as distinguished from a sane and legitimate
patriotism, must give way to a wider loyalty, to the love of humanity as a
whole. Bah'u'llh's statement is: "The earth is but one country, and mankind
its citizens."

The Promise of World Peace
http://www.us.bahai.org/interactive/pdaFiles/pwp.htm