U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Dec 16 08:58:37 PST 2003

    --
On 16 Dec 2003 at 2:36, Anonymous wrote:
> I saw several people commenting the issue of Geneva
> convention on CNN during the day. Also I saw an expert on
> this field from another country commenting on the issue
> stating that it was a clear violation of the convention. In
> either of these interviews were there any discussion on
> whether it didn't apply to this specific case due to what
> clothings he happened to wear or whattever. I got the
> impression that it was clear that the U.S. treatment wasn't
> fully appropriate.

If you were watching the BBC, you would have thought most of
the Iraqi population were outraged by his capture.

I think you are suffering from New York Times syndrome "If even
the New York Times admits that the kulaks are happy and
prosperous under Stalin, that shows you how great the Soviet
Union really must be when you discount all that capitalist
propaganda."

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Lh9C/c3J2U0bybWlK/P0f5hnnZT1z+2QEe1K9Ev2
     4cVVWOLkCVsvYQG/u75vRB5xVrL2GjBeaEl+j6x07