An Apology To mattd

Bill Scannell bill at scannell.org
Mon Jan 14 15:56:57 PST 2002

Mattd,

In a recent post to the cypherpunks mailing list, I implied that you were a
borderline retarded, imbecilic loser with absolutely nothing of any interest
to say.

I was wrong.

What I meant to say was that I believe you to be a sad, pathetic teenager of
limited intelligence who has never quite recovered from the wedgies meted
out by your betters.  That you eschew the name your parents gave you in
favor of the nom de perdant 'mattd' ( (door)matt?) proves well the point.

If you somehow manage to gain employment despite the economic downturn and
your limited qualifications, you might find your self-respect improved to
the point where you can contribute in a positive way to society.

You can't live off federal welfare assistance forever.  The quick service
restaurant industry might well be a field where you can gain the discipline
you'll need before approaching cypherpunk list members for a position as an
entry-level assistant.

Feel free to threaten to have me killed.  I haven't had a death threat in
months.

-Bill

777 --- 777  777 --- 777
deserve neither liberty nor safety."