House chairman doesn't want "parochial" issues to stop wiretap bill

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Oct 24 23:36:21 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, October 24, 2001, at 09:44 PM, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> Parochial issues like privacy, maybe?

"Frankly, even before 9/11 I thought privacy was, like, rilly, rilly
scary and all! It scares me to think about what people are doing under
the cloak of "privacy." So, like, I'm happy that our government is
quickly passing laws taking back all those "privacy" things in that
Constitution thing. Like, there are no civil liberties advocates in
foxholes. -- Cathy Rilly Rilly Young, "Irrational Magazine"

--Tim May, Corralitos, California
Quote of the Month: "It is said that there are no atheists in foxholes;
perhaps there are no true libertarians in times of terrorist attacks."
--Cathy Young, "Reason Magazine," both enemies of liberty.