Neverending Cycle ( was : Re: USPS: glowing by leaps and bounds )

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Wed Oct 24 10:11:59 PDT 2001

David Honig <honig at sprynet.com> wrote :

>Personally I'd prefer a non-colonial foreign policy that doesn't generate
>such antipathy.
>
>The message of the WTC is this: regular ole' non-mil sheeple *are* held
>responsible for
>the actions of their government.  *Even* in the US.  What a concept.
>I suppose the sheeple in Dresden (etc.) know what that's like.
>
>When the US populations' endocrines settle down, maybe they'll clue in to
>cause and effect.  Doubt it.  Getting involved in others' family feuds is just
>too much fun.
>
>What was it General Washington said about foreign entanglements?  I'd tattoo
>it onto every congressvermin's forehead.

Not that it isn't a good direction to head but I wonder what your
time-scale is for the conversion of a society that cannot survive
without an influx of inexpensive resources from foreign sources into
something less colonial? It has to be decades at a minimum.

In the meantime how do we deal with the Islamic Fundamentalist nutters?
Or our own Christian Fundamentalist nutters for that matter. I don't
want to hear about good and evil, Christian vs. Muslim, True faiths vs.
ersatz faiths or right vs. wrong. The crew that did the WTC is
dangerous. Those who are sending anthrax through the mails are
dangerous. Near-term solutions are called for. I would like to see
solutions that don't involve further trashing of our civil rights but I
have no compassion for the terrorists or freedom fighters or whatever
the hell you want to call them.

Mike