House votes 339-79 to approve USA Act v2.0 "anti-terror"

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Sat Oct 13 20:55:08 PDT 2001

At 08:30 PM 10/13/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>On Saturday, October 13, 2001, at 07:37 AM, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>>http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47549,00.html

>>   House Endorses Snoop Bill
   By Declan McCullagh (declan at wired.com)
   2:00 a.m. Oct. 13, 2001 PDT
   Democrats were the most strident critics of that decision. Barney
   Frank (D-Massachusetts) said: "What we have today is an outrageous
   procedure: A bill, drafted by a handful of people in secret, comes to
   us without a committee review and immune to amendment."

>But this is the way the best police states are established: quickly, out of the light of day, and with muted dissent.

>It's what many of my friends have been hoping for. Only a complete fascist takeover can trigger the eventual collapse.

Top Senate Republicans, ah? I'm sure some of us are selecting our match ammo at this very moment.