possession of brown sugar and envelopes illegal ?

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 22:12:38 PDT 2001

I wonder how long will the anthrax hysteria last. Repetitive stimulation yields
diminished response over time. This is not to say that there is no danger - but
perception of danger seldom has any relation to danger itself.

The only way to protect from living organisms used as weapons (after all - life
is a weapon) in the long run is immunity. Sooner or later any small determined
group will be able to create some bug. I see no way that government can stop
this - it's like trying to stop crypto or C coding. Will not happen.

Maybe the high density living that we are so used to is incompatible with new
weapons. Maybe societal structures based on projectile-throwing weaponry are
passe. New weapons always changed rules, and it was called progress.

One obvious advance is that using and defending from bugs requires more
intelligence than pulling the trigger. This may be the main cause of Fear from
WMD.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://personals.yahoo.com