Liberating the Phillipine Islands

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 20 08:42:15 PST 2001

On Monday, November 19, 2001, at 08:42 PM, F. Marc de Piolenc wrote:

> In another life, I sell technical documents, so I monitor bookseller
> lists. This could interest cypherpunks.
>
> Presumably, the reports to be destroyed include everything to do with
> crypto.
>
> If I had the money, I would zip over to the States, visit my favorite
> depository library (where the librarians know me and are certain to be
> as disgusted by this as I am) and offer to relieve them of anything that
> can no longer appear on their shelves. Fill a container with "waste
> paper and microfilm" and send it over here.
>
> Dream on, Marc...
>
> Marc de Piolenc
> Philippines

And help the narco-nuko-islamo-terrorists in the PI?

I just watched U.S. Defense Secretary and the latest PI chick president
talking about the Phillipines on tract to be the next major center of
Islamic unrest.

"We are prepared to bomb Manila in order to root out terrorism," he
might as well have said.

The U.S. seems to be settling into a comfortable pattern: rolling
application of overwhelming high tech power, with the cruise missiles,
bombs, and materiel paid for by taxpayers who enjoy the light show on
the evening news.

The PI chick prez is promising more cooperation in the war on terrorism,
so look for more crackdowns on civil liberties in the PI.

--Tim May, Occupied America
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.