The bookburning begins...

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Tue Nov 20 19:11:29 PST 2001

John Young wrote:

> The LA Times report makes fair points but much of the
> information being removed from selected repositories is
> available elsewhere, as previously discussed here.
>
> An example is the removal of info on dams and reservoirs.
> That is widely available elsewhere, as shown on Google.

No doubt, but a high degree of public access is lost when paper and
microfiche are burned, and of course anything in electronic form can be
made to disappear from one minute to the next, with no evidence that it
ever existed.

I would still love to be standing next to the dumpster at a certain
large university library with my banker box, along with a lot of friends
with theirs...

Marc de Piolenc
Philippines