Gun Activists Have A Stake Against Filtering Software[Censorware]

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Wed Mar 21 08:45:11 PST 2001

Quoting Harmon Seaver (hseaver at ameritech.net):
>         I just checked www.anonymizer.com --- they are blocked. So anon
> speech is dangerous for kids and library patrons, eh?

>From the `you think that's bad' department:

A close friend confided to me that she's aware that the Canadian government is
working with the publishers of various dictionaries to compile a list of words
which in some rare circumstances could threaten national security.

She expects that once the list is complete, officials will consider
introducing legislation.

Regards,

Steve