Gun Activists Have A Stake Against Filtering Software[Censorware]

Fog Storm fogstorm at mac.com
Sun Mar 25 23:14:23 PST 2001

On Wednesday, March 21, 2001, at 08:45 AM, Steve Thompson wrote:

> A close friend confided to me that she's aware that the Canadian
> government is
> working with the publishers of various dictionaries to compile a list
> of words
> which in some rare circumstances could threaten national security.
>
> She expects that once the list is complete, officials will consider
> introducing legislation.

Surely they don't intend to outlaw using the words at all. Even
outlawing the use of specific words in specific contexts would probably
be difficult to enforce as a practical matter. The only way I can forsee
this being used is as an enhancment charge like when a person is
sometimes charged with carrying a gun during commision of a felony even
if it's not displayed or used.