A new record? 18 Choategrams this morning!

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Jul 22 09:54:35 PDT 2001

After reading the handful of messages that made it through lne.com's
filters, I double-checked my "trash" directory to see what my own
filters had thrown away.

Some kind of new record: 18 messages from Choate, posted during just
a 2-hour period this morning. From the headers, most look to be
Choategrams giving us pointers to what Yahoo or CNN make readily
available.

(One pulled at random:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010721/wl/summit_protests_46.html
"Summit Protests Rage for Second Day")

Gee, Choate, how would we know about yesterday's news, reported
widely, discussed here, if you didn't pass on a pointer to Yahoo?

Some would call it mail-bombing the list to disrupt it. Perhaps. But
I expect it's just plain cluelessness. Some kind of "URL Tourette's
Syndrome."

Thank Baal for filtering tools.

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns