oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sun Jan 21 02:21:10 PST 2001

At 04:20 AM 1/21/01 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
 >Sparring with Choate is about as useful as beating oneself with a
 >rubber baton, just far less rewarding.

Strangely enough, I agree.  I thought he went to far.

 >I never said animals should be trained to fear an owner or any other
 >human; to say otherwise is simple Choatian exaggeration. But my "show
 >of force" point is perfectly reasonable, and I stand by it.

"Show of Force" is what one nation does for benefit of others.  Perhaps
you might recognize the phrase "sabre rattling".  "Great White Fleet"???
A religious wacko who might be taking liberties does not need a show of
force, he needs an expenses paid escort to a padded room.

Your "show of force" point is not reasonable, and you are a fool to stand
by it.

 >-Declan
 >PS: I don't have pets. I travel too much. I had a fish once.

Your loss.  You should settle down and get a cat.

Reese