Choate Free Zone (I'm famous Ma!)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Jan 10 09:18:48 PST 2001

If I were to take Choate seriously, I'd point out that most of us,
when we talk about "crypto anarchy" (which is a chapter by itself in
Crypto), are not talking about lack of rules. In fact, anarchy can
include many rules: protocols, standards, and social routines. Instead,
we're talking about lack of *government* rules instituted by force.

But all of us know better than to take Choate seriously. So we can do
what's appropriate in an anarchy, and simply ignore him. Shunning,
after all, is more than appropriate: When it comes to loons, it's
even necessary.

-Declan