Moving beyond "Reputation"--the Market View of Reality

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Sun Dec 2 10:43:50 PST 2001

		On Sun, Dec 02, at 12:29PM, Jim Choate wrote:
| Actually not, most folks use reputations to do away with security checks
| they would use othewise. It's a sellers cost cutting measure. If you have
| a 'good' reputation my cost of diong secure and reliable business will
| probably(!!!) be lower.

I know trying to educate you to the ways of the world is a futile
effort, but I can't resist sometimes. How does my great wonderful
reputation reduce the cost of doing business with me? It may well
give me more business, but certainly not chaper business. I don't
care how reliable you are, if you start skimping on security your
reliability goes down in my book. --Gabe

--
Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer --On the eve of Britain's entry
into World War II: