Declan McCullagh and prosecutions

Seth Finkelstein sethf at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 2 21:29:12 PDT 2001

Tim May wrote:
> I take it, Seth, that if you are ever subpoenaed you will do the
> morally right thing and go to jail?

	I would be astounded if anyone who thought they might face
a similar criminal prosecution would ever say a word to me again.
Moreover, I'd be flabbergasted if they remained friends with me.

	I'll repeat again - I'm not saying what you should do. I am
trying to understand the reasoning behind it. I do not believe this
country is on the verge of a police state. Nor do I expect to be of
Federal criminal interest for any sort of gun or violent offense. This
is a key difference.

__
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf at mit.edu  http://sethf.com