CDR: Re: <nettime> Rebirth of Guilds

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Sep 25 05:29:14 PDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Tim May wrote:

> Government has no role whatsoever to play in such actions, which in
> the U.S., at least, and for the foreseeable future, are supposedly
> protected by the "freedom of association" language of the
> Constitution.

First there is no 'freedom of association' in the Constitution.

Second, yes, we need government to protect the idividuals rights of
expression from people like yourself who would do harm to them if they
chose to participate in an act you didn't like (mind you the act wouldn't
interfere with your expression or property), simply because you didn't
like it.

Face it Tim, you're a bigot.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha