CDR: Noah's Flood

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 13 13:19:18 PDT 2000

A year and a half ago I read one of the most interesting,
interdisciplinary books I've ever read, "Noah's Flood," by Ryan and
Pitman. Not a religious book, but a book combining oceanography,
geology, fish biology, pottery studies, DNA analysis, mythology, and
several other fields.

The big news today was the announcement that human habitation remains
have been found where the Ryan and Pitman theory predicted. This has
profound significance for our culture, for understanding the spread
of Indo-European language, and for the apparent "diaspora" happening
at around this time.

(It would not surprise me if the earliest known agricultural
implements are found in the next few years.)

This is not a Cypherpunks topic, but I believe I've mentioned the
Ryan and Pitman book here before. And it shows how science is done.

To quote one of the many stories appearing today:

Wednesday September 13 3:00 AM ET
New Evidence of Great Flood Found

By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The first evidence that humans lived in an area now
covered by the Black Sea - perhaps inundated by the biblical flood -
has been found by a team of explorers.

``Artifacts at the site are clearly well preserved, with carved
wooden beams, wooden branches and stone tools,'' lead researcher
Robert Ballard said.
Columbia University researchers William Ryan and Walter Pittman
speculated in their 1997 book ``Noah's Flood'' that when the European
glaciers melted, about 7,000 years ago, the Mediterranean Sea
overflowed into what was then a smaller freshwater lake to create the
Black Sea.

Last year Ballard found indications of an ancient coastline miles out
from the current Black Sea coast. The new discovery provides evidence
that people once lived in that now inundated region.

(end excerpt)
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.