CDR: Re: Noah's Flood

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Sep 14 13:45:14 PDT 2000

At 1:19 PM -0700 on 9/13/00, Tim May wrote:

> The big news today was the announcement that human habitation remains
> have been found where the Ryan and Pitman theory predicted.

Evidently, there's oceanographic evidence that the Mediterranean itself was
dry at one time, with an equivalent event (well of type, it was by
definition, larger) at Gibraltar, though, it seems to me that it was
sometime very much closer to the last ice age than the events described in
today's news.

There was some discussion at the time that *that* was the cause of the
flood myth, but this recent discovery is clearly a much more memorable
event, in terms of human history and especially its closer proximity to the
advent of writing.

Cheers,
RAH
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA