CDR: RE: RSA Patent Expiration Composite Party - Sept. 21

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Sep 17 12:25:36 PDT 2000

At 03:01 PM 9/15/00 -0400, Fisher Mark wrote:
>> The fact that _all_ of the so-called music entertainers at the SF
>> event are "trancers" is...symptomatic...of something.
>
>It's symptomatic of the age gap on the list -- you, me, RAH (now there's a
>combination) and others are *way* beyond the 20-something party crowd.  Even
>if I lived in the area, there'd be lots of stuff I'd rather do than go to
>the party.  I hope they have lots of (age-appropriate) fun, though.  A new
>(minor) era dawning and all that...

Oh, come on - back when we were that age, instead of old geezers,
we did our share of staying up late at night dancing and consuming
various mind-altering substances*.   These kids are staying up a
bit later, and some of their drugs hadn't been invented in our day,
and their music is no worse than some of the garage rock bands...

And while they're not walking 20 miles through the snow to school
like we did, it's San Francisco, so they're still walking 20 blocks
uphill both ways to the nearest parking space.

[* Mostly ethanol and caffeine.  I was fortunate enough to be in the
drink-age-18 days, but they hadn't invented decent mass-market coffee
yet...]
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com