CDR: Applying California law to ICANN

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sun Nov 5 18:57:28 PST 2000

At 02:41 PM 11/5/00 -0800, Eric Cordian wrote:
>Tim May <tcmay at got.net> writes:
>
> > It may well be that political activists discover this whole ICANN
> > thing and realize they have a golden opportunity to have California
> > laws applied to black/delist sites they dislike, organizations they
> > think are racist, etc.
>
> > The Southern Law Poverty Center, the Simon Wiesenthal Hate Center,
> > and other ZOG-controlled commie organizations will likely be going
> > into overtime.
>
>DNS and the root servers are a single point of failure in the global
>Internet, and one that is easily pressured to delete pointers to speech
>that is deemed politically incorrect.

It can also be an excellent single point of DoS attack for hacktivists.  A
few days of DNS unavailability and poof go most of the ISP caches.

>It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if in the near future, sites deemed
>to be monkeywrenching the system wind up having to be addressed by numeric
>IPs, and even having their packets derouted.

This is a compelling reason for promoting the widespread use of
censorship-resistant peer-to-peer systems such as Mojo Nation.  Although MN
URLs now supports only location-based identification akin to IP addressing,
name-based addressing is under development.

--steve