White anting the homeland.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sun May 2 19:33:47 PDT 1999

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/

Army sets up battle for WIN-T
The Army awarded contracts that will let two vendor teams battle it out for
the multibillion-dollar tactical intranet
[Posted Aug. 12]
DOD preps virtual Pentagon
DOD has launched a program to create a virtual Pentagon that would provide
backup networks and communications
[Posted Aug. 12]
As part of an effort to provide better service, the Internal Revenue
Service has selected Hewlett-Packard Co. to provide $35 million worth of
new desktop and notebook computers to 820 IRS locations nationwide.

Letters to the editor
Serving Homeland Security
Aug. 12, 2002   Printing? Use this version.
Email this to a friend.

WRITE US
Following are responses to an FCW.com poll question that asked, "Given an
opportunity, would you work for the Homeland Security Department?"
I think Homeland Security is overdue. I would be willing to work there, but
the location would be paramount in my decision. In my opinion, the one
place it doesn't need to be is Washington, D.C.
C. L. Jennings
General Services Administration
***
I would consider working for Homeland Security for two reasons. One, I
believe it is an important and necessary effort. Two, as an insider, I
would be able to know just exactly how much information will be collected
on citizens, and to what use it would be put.
Name withheld by request
(not carly F)