[cddlm] Problems using Muse

Walfredo Cirne walfredo at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Wed Jun 22 12:49:17 CDT 2005

Steve Loughran wrote:

> Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I've changed to the new released version (in fact a SNAPSHOT) of
>> Muse and I try to compile the generated code for the portal and
>> system services, even do not changing anything in the generated code,
>> I get an error indicating that the "DeploymentFaultException" file is
>> missing (it was not generated). I saw that the
>> "ComponentFaultException" was generated. I think that maybe there is
>> a problem with the deployment-api.wsdl, in the part:
>>
>>    <wsdl:message name="DeploymentFault">
>>        <wsdl:part name="fault" element="cmp:ComponentFault"/>
>>    </wsdl:message>
>>
>> When I look at the component-model.xsd file cmp:ComponentFault
>> element, I see that its type is cmp:DeploymentFaultType.
>>
>> I'm trying to solve it in several ways, but with my changes I get
>> other exceptions. Does someone have an idea?
>>

> I think you are in the wonderful world of WSDL2Java generated stuff.
> Ed and I wrote paper critiquing that very thing (
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2005/HPL-2005-83.html )
>
> the short term solution is to raise it with the muse mail list; point
> them at the XSD/WSDL and see if it is a bug on their side.   I suspect
> they could do with more test WSDL/XSD and so to get ours in there
> would be a good bit of integration.
>
> Long term (2 weeks plus), well, we need to do a new SOAP stack, dont we?

Hi Steve!!!

We all read your paper and agree with it!! :-)  But, Muse assumes we
start with XML, and generates the Java code that you hook the business
logic.  So, we feel that this much less of a problem than the Java to
XML mapping of JAX-RPC.  Isn't this so?

Is there anyhing we are missing?

[]s
Walfredo