[cddlm] Problems using Muse

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Wed Jun 22 10:13:29 CDT 2005

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I've changed to the new released version (in fact a SNAPSHOT) of
> Muse and I try to compile the generated code for the portal and system
> services, even do not changing anything in the generated code, I get an
> error indicating that the "DeploymentFaultException" file is missing (it
> was not generated). I saw that the "ComponentFaultException" was
> generated. I think that maybe there is a problem with the
> deployment-api.wsdl, in the part:
>
>    <wsdl:message name="DeploymentFault">
>        <wsdl:part name="fault" element="cmp:ComponentFault"/>
>    </wsdl:message>
>
> When I look at the component-model.xsd file cmp:ComponentFault element,
> I see that its type is cmp:DeploymentFaultType.
>
> I'm trying to solve it in several ways, but with my changes I get other
> exceptions. Does someone have an idea?

I think you are in the wonderful world of WSDL2Java generated stuff. Ed
and I wrote paper critiquing that very thing (
http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2005/HPL-2005-83.html )

the short term solution is to raise it with the muse mail list; point
them at the XSD/WSDL and see if it is a bug on their side.   I suspect
they could do with more test WSDL/XSD and so to get ours in there would
be a good bit of integration.

Long term (2 weeks plus), well, we need to do a new SOAP stack, dont we?