[cddlm] testing, document fragments

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Fri Dec 2 04:11:57 CST 2005

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in our existing JUnit tests  regarding CDL resolution we usually
> consider all the resolved CDL, because we think it is interesting to
> test resolutions in the configuration part too, although they may not be
> used in the System part.
>
> I propose to return the cdl:cdl document in the resolve operation to
> explore more situations on the tests, but if you think just the system
> verification is enough, ok. In fact just considering the first child of
> a system is not good.

I think my resolution process can be fairly destructive on the
configuration parts. Also, I only try and resolve stuff under
system...other bits of the configuration I may or may not process. Since
how we do that is out of scope of the spec, I dont think we can test it,

> Just another point: I did not understant what you meant by    2. we
> retrofit the system wrapper to all existing CDL tests.

Yes, I realised that that was not needed. I thought I'd have to wrap
everything under<ct:resolved> in a <cdl:system> element, but that is
needless, I can leave that alone. What I do have to do is assume that
the response coming back from a resolve() operation is a cdl:system
element, and compare all the stuff underneath.

Have you tried using the test code yet? I must apologise for making lots
of changes to it this week; it has been pretty unstable and one I make
this next change everyone's code will have to change. Then I need to sit
down and fix the failures that it is correctly showing up...

-steve