[cddlm] Notes of the meeting on 8/3/2005

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Thu Aug 4 06:42:09 CDT 2005

Hi Dejan and all,

we have analyzed the problems with Tomcat and we've concluded that in
fact our tests were stressing it, because we had at about 30 deployments
and undeployments of 11MB each, one after the other in a set of 94
tests. We've reduced each component size verifying common libs from Muse
that could be removed from each deployed component and it worked. Maybe
the same problem can happen with Jetty, but we had a meeting yesterday
and concluded that a lot of code, including unit tests would need to be
rewritten and we would not be able to have a prototype at the end of
this month if we make this change. Maybe in a future version we can use
Jetty.

 In relation to the update of properties, it is working well using Muse,
we are just implementing more JUnit tests that verify the integration of
the CDL parser with the module that deals with the update of properties
in components. We hope to have the first prototype by the end of the
month, but we fear not to have enough time to assure that  all the tests
from the Test Plan sent by Steve are passing, because we are suposing
Muse will actually provide some of the functionality that is demanded
there and won't give us problems difficult to find as the ones we had
when the specification needed adjustments.

  Ayla