[cddlm] SF-based language spec, dilemma whether to go with a recommendations or common practice document track

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Sat Dec 11 13:58:36 CST 2004

Hi Hiro,

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe we should talk by phone to more
effectively resolve the issue. I am in the office right now (650
236-2906), if you provide your phone number, I'd be glad to call you.

I think that that there is a benefit in promoting both as standards and
I do not see that they impact each other if both are standards. One is
more appropriate as human-oriented, the other one as machine oriented.
We are very close to completing the XML-based CDL, it is the next one in
queue. Having SF-based as a standard will by no mean influence
wider-spread use of XML-based language as a standard. Is this your main
concern? Let's talk some more so that we can close on it.

Thanks

Dejan.